Sunday 23 November 2014

HOW TO INSTALL A PROP SHAFT AND MOTOR MOUNT

HOW TO INSTALL A PROP SHAFT AND MOTOR MOUNT




when I attach all that together for a test fit, before mounting the motors to the hull, there is some "play" when turning the propshaft by hand. The attached (by the couplers) motor moves a little bit back and forth, and up and down with the propshaft. They shift back and forth as I turn the shaft. This is odd to me, and happens on both sides/shafts. The shafts don't seem to be binding or bent either. 

I figure this could be a real vibration issue, or possibly shake the engines off the mounts whenever everything is attached. On my only other build, I used press on cups and a dogbone couplers, and didn't have this issue

                                            THANKS FOR WATCHING THIS VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment